UGC NET 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It will be held from 13th to 22nd June 2023. Exam will be organized twice in a year in the month of June & December 2023. University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a national level eligibility test which conducts the “Assistant Professor” or “Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor Programme” for Indian students. In previous year, both sessions exams were merged by the official authority so there was only one exam held in year 2022. In this article, we have provided complete information such application form, exam dates, eligibility etc. regarding UGC NET 2023.
UGC NET 2023 Notifications – Exam Date Released
UGC NET 2023 Exam Dates has been announced. It will be held from 13th to 22nd June 2023. Check here for exam date details.
UGC NET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||UGC-NET|
|Full form||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online (Computer Based) mode|
|Date of Exam||13th to 22nd June 2023|
UGC NET 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following table regarding UGC NET Exam Dates 2023 for December session:
|Application form releases||2nd week of January 2023|
|Last date to apply||–|
|Admit Card releases||–|
|UGC NET 2023 Exam||13th to 22nd June 2023|
|Answer Key Releases||–|
UGC NET 2023 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding UGC NET 2023 application form:
- UGC NET 2023 application form will be released separately for December & June session.
- Candidates will be able to apply from January 2023 for June session.
- The last date to submit the registration form will be till first week of February 2023.
- The application form will be made available only through online mode. No other mode will be entertained to fill the application form.
- Authority will also provide correction facility to edit incorrect details (if any) in the application form for limited time period.
- More than one application form will not be accepted, so candidates must fill only single application form.
- While filling application form, candidates must not forget to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- The registration form will be accepted only of eligible candidates so candidates are advised to check norms to avoid any rejection in the form.
- All important information will be sent to candidates registered mail ID & phone number, so it must be valid/working.
- Once all details will be filled, candidates must not forget to take its printout for future use.
- The application fee will be submitted via online mode.
- Mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The application fee for different category will be as follows:
|General/ UR category||Rs. 1100/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL category||Rs. 550/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 275/-|
How to Apply for UGC NET 2023
- Step:1 – Visit the official website of NTA.
- Step:2 – On the home page, click on “Register Here” link.
- Step:3 – Fill details such as name, phone number, email ID, Aadhar number, Parent’s name etc.
- Step:4 – Now login using given OTP at registered phone number & email ID.
- Step:5 – Fill other educational & asked details and complete the procedure.
- Step:6 – Upload passport size photograph & signature in jpg format.
- Step:7 – Before submission, re-check all the given details in the application form.
- Step:8 – Now submit the application fee as per your category.
- Step:9 – Once fee will be submitted, a confirmation page will appear on your computer screen.
- Step:10 – Take its printout & keep it safe till the future use.
UGC NET 2023 Application Correction
Candidates will be able to edit incorrect details (If any) in UGC NET 2023 application form via online mode. It will be made available from third week of February 2023 for December session. Candidates will have to use their login credentials to edit details.
The correction facility is the one-time opportunity for all candidates to rectify their mistakes in the registration form. Candidates are advised to edit details before the last date & not to miss the opportunity.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through following details regarding UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify master’s degree from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks (50% as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third gender) without round off.
- Age Criteria: For JRF, candidate must not be more than 31 years. 5 year age relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates. There will be no maximum age limit for Assistant Professor.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in final year in year 2023 will be also eligible to apply for UGC NET 2023
UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check following points for UGC NET Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination for UGC NET will be conducted via online (computer based) mode.
- No. of papers: There will be two papers in the examination.
- Languages: Candidates can choose any English or Hindi language to give the examination.
- No. of Questions: Question paper will consist of 150 questions.
- Question Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
- Time Duration: Candidates can submit the question paper within 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be given.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
The no. of questions & marks as per paper will be as follows:
|Paper||Marks||No. Of Questions|
UGC NET 2023 Syllabus
UGC NET syllabus will be different for both paper as Paper I & II. The updated syllabus will be update in our article when it will be published officially. Topics will be from General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude, English, Law, Commerce, etc.
Students are advised to check complete syllabus before starting preparing for the exam. Students must keep checking NTA website for syllabus.
UGC NET Preparation Tips
Candidates must check following tips & tricks regarding UGC NET:
- Check complete exam pattern & syllabus.
- Make proper notes & strictly follow it.
- Practice from mock test & previous year sample paper.
- Keep atleast last one week only for revision.
- Do not get panic.
- Take proper diet & sleep properly.
Leave a Reply